Friday, April 3, 2009

My Gentleman Son--Max


For the past few days, as I leave for work, my son Max walks me to the car and opens the door, closing it behind me like a true gentleman. Quite a feat for a nine year old if I do say so myself. How did I get such a thoughtful son?

This is a picture of him with my grandson, Tommy Boy, hiding under the dining room table in their secret hideout. Notice the sleeping cat, Garfield, and the large black dog, Sammy, hiding along with them. Looks like only boys allowed!

Max has started to really enjoy doing his oral book talks and nonfiction reports in front of the class. His reading, and math skills are growing exponentially as well. Not bad for a little 3 pound premature boy.

I still remember holding him as an infant,in my arms and watching the new century ring in with fireworks and the terror that only Y2K could inspire in my heart. We managed to survive that imagined disaster, and many real ones as well over the years. What a boy!

2 comments:

  1. Max is no 3lb. baby boy now. He's a great kid and a cute phone and chat friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic picture! I love the personality that shows in his eyes. He's gonna be a ladykiller, I can just see it! Maaaax! Can Max come out and play!? What a cutie pie!

    ReplyDelete